Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rules of Attraction

Author: Simone Elkeles

Rating: 4.5 of 5

Summary from Website: When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for the past year, he doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him in Colorado. When he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl totally unlike any of the girls he's usually drawn to, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she's too good for him. But will he put his pride aside when he realizes that being with Kiara might finally allow him to be his true self?










Important Terms:
Basically, the only thing you need to know, is Spanish. But since I don't, here is a cheat sheet for what they use the most :)
And I can't do accents on this, so forgive me :)
Mi'ama - Mom
Mi Familia - My family
Chichis - Boobs
Papa - Dad
Gringa - White Person
Panocha - Vulgar Slang for someone who is Scared
Huevos - Eggs
Pendejo - Idiot
Perdon - Sorry

Mocoso - Brat

Cachorro - Puppy

Chido - Cool

Carajo - Damn

Carino - My Love, Dear, Caring etc


My Favorite Quotes:
"Fifty Percent of all doctors graduate in the bottom half of their class!"

Recomended?
Um, YEAH! I don't know what else to say but, If you like a love story, you will love this!

Sequel?
Yes! And a book before this one, read Chain Reaction when it comes out Aug 16!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment