Friday, July 8, 2011

I Am Number Four

Author: Pittacus Lore


Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Summary From Website: Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.


Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.
But they know.
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.
I am Number Four.
I am next.




Important Terms (as they appear in the book):


Mogadorian - the creatures that live on the planet Mogadore, they ruined their own planet and are trying to find another planet to inhabit. They killed Lorien and are coming after Earth and the 9 surviving loriens.


The Nine Loriens - They must be killed in order, if they are attacked out of order the attack is rebounded on the attacker. They must survive until their legacy's appear so they can repopulate their planet.


Lorien - the planet the nine escaped from. Used to be a bountiful planet, but has been reduced to nothing


Garde - A lorien who develops legacies


Legacies - Powers, all get ability to move things with their minds, can also be invisiblity, light, fire-resistant, reading minds, flying, etc.


Keeper - A lorien who does not develop legacies. They are responsible for teaching the garde and helping them with their powers. (Aka Cepan)


Chimaera - Animal that can change shape, from Lorien.



Other Important Info about Lorien- 

  • They are raised by their grandparents
  • Their parents are still considered 'Young' and training
  • They have a lifespan of 200 years
  • Parents have kids at age 25/26 and that is the first time they see their own parents, to give them their kid
  • They are 100% monogamous - fall in love for life 


My Favorite Quotes

" When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope."

Recommended?

YES! I feel like I am totally supporting all the books I've read lately, but this is exceptional! I absolutely loved it and I got into it. I felt my heart race as they were doing the fight scenes and I was truly not expecting the ending!! Read it!

Sequel?
Yes!  The power of Six comes out August 23rd. Until then, go get the movie I am number Four! :)




  

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought this was a movie review! cool :) I'll look out for it in a few months :)

    http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete